SHOP VEGAS SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
- ELIGIBILITY: The “SHOP VEGAS SWEEPSTAKES” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (“LVCVA”) (the “Sponsor”), Centra Marketing & Communications (the “Administrator”) and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate or win a Grand Prize. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void outside the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. You will need to have internet access as of the date of entry to participate in this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submitting an Entry, you understand that you are submitting your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant waives, discharges and releases Facebook from any and all liability associated with the Sweepstakes. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
- SELECTION OF DAILY WINNERS/DAILY RANDOM DRAWINGS/ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) Potential Prize Winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries received in each of the forty (40) Daily Entry Periods for a total of forty (40) Daily Prize Winners. Entries received in previous Daily Entry Periods and not selected in the corresponding Daily Random Drawings will be rolled over into subsequent Daily Entry Periods and will be eligible for subsequent Daily Random Drawings. The Daily Random Drawings will be conducted within seventy-two (72) hours of the corresponding Daily Entry Period and winners will be notified within twenty-four (24) hours from the Daily Random Drawing. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received in each Daily Entry Period. The Random Drawings will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization. Sweepstakes entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. A Daily Prize may not be awarded in the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received in a Daily Entry Period at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules.
- FORTY (40) PRIZES: Forty (40) Daily Prize Winners will each receive one (1) five hundred dollar ($500) Gift Card redeemable at a Las Vegas Shopping Center designated by Sponsor. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Daily Prize: $500. Total ARV of all prizes: $20,000. Gift Cards must be redeemed by March 31, 2018 or prize will be forfeited. Sponsor not responsible for lost or stolen gift card. Sponsor will not provide a cash substitution for any unused portion of a Gift Card. Gift Card subject to terms and conditions thereon. Each Prize Winner acknowledges that Released Parties (as defined below) have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers’ terms therefore, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. No substitution, assignment, redemption for cash, or transfer of any prize permitted. If the advertised prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, a substitute prize of equal or greater value may be awarded in Sponsor’s sole discretion. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
- PRIZE NOTIFICATIONS: Potential Daily Prize Winners will be notified via the email address submitted at the time of Entry (the "Prize Notification") with instructions to complete, sign and return to Administrator a Prize Verification Form and unless prohibited by law, a Publicity Release within two (2) days from the date the Prize Notification is released by Administrator. Sponsor will make two (2) attempts to notify a potential Daily Prize Winner. In the event that a potential Daily Prize Winner does not respond to any such Prize Notification within two (2) days from the date of issuance or declines a Daily Prize for any reason, a disqualification will result, and that Daily Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential Daily Prize Winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries received for that corresponding Daily Random Drawing.
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes and submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Sweepstakes or from the receipt or use of a Daily Prize (or any portion thereof) or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of a Daily Prize (or any portion thereof). By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant gives his/her express permission to be contacted by the Sponsor, and/or Administrator by telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail for Sweepstakes purposes. Each Daily Prize Winner, by acceptance of a Daily Prize, grants to Sponsor, and each of their respective designees the right to publicize such Daily Prize Winner’s name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice, statements and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, promotional, trade and/or any other purpose in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, incorrect, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, misaddressed, undelivered, mutilated or garbled entries, transmissions, e-mail or mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless network, website, or other connections including those through and/or by any website, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cable or wireless transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed e-mail notifications; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials; or any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of a Daily Prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or any representative of Sponsor are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor, and/or their respective agents. Sponsor shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Sweepstakes, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning a Daily Prize (or any portion thereof), and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify the Grand Prize Winners and award the Grand Prizes by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation. Sponsor also reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND SPONSORAND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any potential Daily Prize Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Nevada law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
- GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: The Official Rules and the Sweepstakes are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nevada, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in “Binding Arbitration” Section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Nevada, in the City of Las Vegas.
- WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a list of winners, (available after January 31, 2018) or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by March 30, 2018 to: Shop Vegas Sweepstakes, c/o Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC, 1400 Old Country Road #417, Westbury, NY 11590. Vermont residents do not need to affix return postage. Please identify on the outer envelope if you are requesting the “Official Rules” or the “Winners List”.
SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, 3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109.