Brian Thomas has entertained guests as Lucky the Leprechaun at O'Sheas Casino for a decade. Dressed in green from head to toe, he's the iconic face of the casino/Irish pub nestled inside the The LINQ Hotel + Experience.
As you can imagine, things get quite busy when St. Patrick's Day rolls around. Thomas hosts the massive O’Sheas BLOQ Party celebration throughout the The LINQ Promenade + Experience, which begins with a parade and ends whenever it ends.
What's it like to be Lucky all the time? Find out that, and more, in 10 Questions with Lucky the Leprechaun.
1. O’Sheas has always been known as a place to let loose and have a good time. What’s it like working in such a fun party atmosphere every day?
It is work but it's also like my second home. The staff and guests all rock; we've become a big family. There's nothing like partying with family.
2. You’ve become a celebrity over the years. People seek you out just for a photo op. Who are the most notable people with whom you’ve taken pictures?
Darius Rucker, Holly Madison, Vince Neil, Shannon Tweed and Nick Simmons as they filmed "Gene Simmons Family Jewels," and many more.
3. What’s the craziest thing you’ve seen there that you can share?
I'm not sure crazy is the right word because in Vegas, craziness is everywhere. Our St. Patty's BLOQ parties are crazy fun.
4. You are also an ordained “mini-ster.” How often do you preside over wedding ceremonies and do you have any memorable wedding-related tales?
I have been a Mini-ster for four years now and preside over hundreds of weddings a year, from High Roller weddings to the KISS (Monster Mini-Golf) Wedding Chapel to Jimmy Buffett fans to same-sex marriages to 150 nudists.
5. Is St. Patrick’s Day like your Super Bowl?
It's New Year's and the Super Bowl, all wrapped up in one day of celebration.
6. Do you get excited for other holidays?
I also get excited for Halloween and Christmas.
7. What does O’Sheas do specifically for St. Pat’s Day revelry?
Our huge BLOQ Party rolls out to the entire Promenade. It gets bigger every year. There are giveaways, games of corn hole, oversized beer pong and surprise pop-up performers and dancers.
8. You once received a Key to the City. What other cool things about your time in Las Vegas and other career accomplishments do most people probably not know about you?
I'm known for my emcee voice. I have worked with Pat Morita, Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams, as well as the son of Ol' Blue Eyes himself, Frank Sinatra Jr.
9. In an Irishman’s heart, a leprechaun lives forever. How long do you plan to portray Lucky at O’Sheas? Are you a lifetime leprechaun or do you see something at the other end of the rainbow for you?
As long as Caesars Entertainment allows me. I will always have a special place in my heart for the character "Lucky" that I have created here at O'Sheas, but there are many sides of Brian Thomas.
10. You are known for pouring free shots from time to time. What advice would you give someone to ensure they don’t miss out on this opportunity? What can they do that will work every time?
Make it to our BLOQ Party! It's not what they can do that will work every time ... it's what I can do.