Join the festivities for Mexican Independence Day in Las Vegas as visitors gather from around the world for this commemorative holiday that celebrates Mexico’s independence from Spanish rule. Celebrated on Sept. 16, Mexican Independence Day in Spanish is called “El Grito de Dolores,” or “El Grito” for short. Attend an authentic El Grito celebration with a mariachi band, folkloric dancers and Eli Zamora at St. Mark’s Square at The Grand Canal Shoppes inside The Venetian Resort Las Vegas on Sept. 16 and 17 at 4:30 p.m. Plus, see Noche UFC with Grasso vs. Shevchenko at T-Mobile Arena on Sept. 16. So, what are you waiting for? Come celebrate Mexican Independence Day in Las Vegas with a lineup of exciting Latin-focused events, music and entertainment. Catch a glimpse into what El Grito looks like from VEGAS ON below
El Grito brings in the top Latin performers from around the world, with all kinds of genres represented—from banda to mariachi to Mexican pop. Top acts taking the Vegas stage include:
- Singer-songwriter Carin León brings his Colmillo de Leche tour (Sept. 14) to T-Mobile® Arena.
- Award-winning large ensemble Banda MS performs (Sept. 15) at Michelob ULTRA Arena.
- Mexican singer-songwriter Gloria Trevi, (Sept. 15) at Bakkt Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino.
- Renowned Latin American singer and songwriter, Alejandro Fernández, (Sept. 15-16) at MGM Grand Garden Arena at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino.
- Spanish pop icon Emmanuel offers hits from his almost five-decades-long career (Sept. 15-16) at The Venetian Theatre at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas.
- Best-selling artist Luis Miguel (Sept. 15-17) at Dolby Live at Park MGM Las Vegas.
- Grammy-winning Mexican pop band Maná closes out Mexican Independence Day weekend (Sept. 17) at T-Mobile Arena.
In addition to great music, top-tier comedic talent is also on the schedule for Mexican Independence Day in Las Vegas.
A self-described “humorous lecturer,” standup comic La India Yuridia offers hilarious stories of her experiences (Sept. 15) at The Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas.
Have a laugh with standup acts Adal Ramones, Slobotzky + Ricardo Pérez “La Cotorrisa,” Mike Salazar, Mario Aguilar, Teo González, Rogelio Ramos, and special guest Jorge Falcón.
Acclaimed stand-up comedian, Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias, is the second-highest-grossing touring comedian and is set to perform (Sept. 15-16) at The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
The following nightclubs will have special guests and DJs to keep the party going all holiday weekend. Get ready to dance the night away at these exciting events.
- Martin Garrix with Justin Mylo (Sept. 15), Fisher (Sept. 16), and the anniversary of Deseo Latin night with Deorro (Sept. 17) at OMNIA Nightclub at Caesars Palace.
- Marshmello (Sept. 15), Swedish House Mafia (Sept. 16), and Rüfüs Du Sol (Sept. 17) at XS Nightclub at Wynn Las Vegas.
- DJ Drama (Sept. 14), DJ Jerzy (Sept. 15), and O.T. Genasis with DJ CLA (Sept. 16) at TAO Nightclub at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas.
- Cheat Codes (Sept. 14), Kaskade (Sept. 15), and Zedd (Sept. 16) at Zouk Nightclub at Resorts World Las Vegas – Hilton, Conrad & Crockfords.
At Jalisco Underground at Resorts World Las Vegas, be immersed in Mexico City’s underground tequila culture and enjoy cocktails inspired by bold Mexican flavors.
Toca Madera at The Shops at Crystals is a modern Mexican steak house that offers bold flavors with high-quality, sustainable and organic ingredients. The menu features a raw bar with ceviche blanco, a selection of steaks, seafood favorites and a variety of side dishes.
A high-energy fiesta with delicious plates awaits at Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar at The LINQ Promenade. Take in views of the High Roller and prime people watching while enjoying selections like tortilla soup, al pastor tacos and chicken a la Veracruzana. End the meal with some churros stuffed with dulce de leche, and strawberry and vanilla cream. Yum!
For an authentic Mexican getaway in the heart of Fremont Street, head over to La Mona Rosa. Enjoy Mexican recipes using seasonal ingredients inspired by the chefs’ travels, complemented with handcrafted cocktails like the Madre Desert Water with prickly pear and lemon. Salud!
On Sept. 15 and 16, experience a riveting night of live music, performances, flavorful cuisine and specialty cocktails to fit the occasion, only at CHICA at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas.
Las Vegas does Mexican Independence Day like nowhere else, and you’re invited to come join in the fun celebration. Book your trip with these exclusive deals and prepare for an incredible, celebratory weekend in Las Vegas.